Eaton Corporation Supply Chain Manager Middle East in AE-City, United Arab Emirates
Eaton's Electrical Business has an opening for a:
Supply Chain Manager, Middle East
Location: Dubai, UAE
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
The principle task for Distribution Operations is to ensure in all Distribution Centers in the Middle East a best practice process concerning “inbound and outbound logistics”, “picking and packing”, “value added services” and “Transportation/Freight Management” as well as “Order management”. This also involves fulfillment of orders and defining of communication processes. It includes taking care for a cost controlling that guarantees market driven expenditure for those processes and for implementation of Lean processes.
The Materials Management part of the role consists of coordinating the materials management and local procurement of finished goods in the DDC, all other distribution centers and local warehouses in the Region we may have in the future as part of the regional and EMEA Strategy, as well as supporting the manufacturing plant in the DTP with all needed material (project business - raw and semi-finished goods in the plant including PDM). The position will be responsible for the Electrical Sector in the Middle East Region for planning demand and quantity of components, defining stock assortments of finished goods (including development and implementation of stock policies, phase-in/phase-out management and sell-off Management ), setting and controlling of inventory targets. This will also involve SIOP.
Drive customer loyalty through increased productivity, improved value and through a high performance culture. One of the key function of this role is to Improve customer experience and create engaged customers. Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
· Develop, agree and roll out an optimized distribution logistic structure depending on the regional conditions (e.g. labor costs, distribution market, degree of automation).
· Ensure a high quality distribution and customer focus.
· Ensure a customer-orientated “Value Added Services” for a maximized raise of turnover.
· Install an effective cost controlling system in the distribution centers and plants.
· Continuously improve the Order Management process.
· Care for fulfillment of orders according to committed dates and customer requirements.
· Arrange an efficient process to scope with emergency situations during the ordering process.
· Manage the core “Management of Distribution Operations team” to ensure a global functional distribution and order management structure.
· Implement Lean processes in distribution centers and production logistics.
· Monitor the performance of core service providers to insure compliance and alignment with customer requirements and contractual obligations.
· Provide guidance and leadership to manufacturing operations and service providers towards developing innovative or “Best Practice” solutions to supply chain problems.
· Support the development and deployment of aligned category strategies across Electrical EMEA and between regions.
· Support deployment of cross divisional and Corporate initiatives as appropriate
· Agree and deploy action plans to achieve key metrics (cost out, IDEAS, DPO etc.)
· Manage and develop key suppliers to achieve financial and performance targets
· Develop / agree / achieve annual profit plan
· Develop and coordinate the link to Regional EHQ SCOE for indirect services.
· Coordinate scheduling and ordering of finished goods, semi-finished goods and raw material.
· Implement and manage a process for supply shortfall situations.
· Develop, agree and roll out a demand and quantity planning processes in the Electrical sector for South Africa and improve forecast quality.
· Ensure a high quality of SIOP, implement stock policies, define and manage assortments within Divisions
· Manage phase-in and phase-out projects from the logistics side and sell-off articles (not phasing out)
· Minimize/avoid scrapping risk for all Divisions
· Control Inventory Targets for Electrical Sector within Middle East
· Manage and lead the continuous improvement of pre- and post- order sales support functions
· Ability to influence outside sales organization in relationship to utilize and grow partnership with sales team.
· Identify continuous improvements actions that contribute to implementation of process improvements designed to reduce cycle time, increase efficiencies and improve quality of service that we provide to our customers.
· Communicate with the appropriate customers, channel partners, sales personnel, product line teams and Eaton functional leaders
· Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
· Undergraduate degree required, MBA or Master's degree in Engineering / science highly desirable.
· Regional EMEA business experience highly desirable.
· Expertise with integrated logistics network design.
· Expertise with lean process engineering and process modeling.
· Knowledge in English language mandatory.
· 5+ years' experience or more with leading supply chain management
· Ability to lead a Regional cross-functional team in the development and implementation of initiatives.
· Strong leadership skills required
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.