Eaton Corporation Engineer – Testing, Electrical Validation in India
Validate Electrical Products by performing functional, design & operational tests as per applicable IEC/UL/NEMA Standards .Monitor test results as per Eaton’s standard documentation practices. Inspects whether the Electrical Product is assembled as per referencing drawings, design literature, electrical / utility codes, drawings & wiring diagrams provided. Maintain lab test equipment, prepare and process test reports, manage lab work load, track test request status, implement and maintain 5S activities, write lab reports, support safety imitative, and participate in the strategic planning of lab and equipment upgrades.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical)
• 3 5 years of experience in validation of Electrical products .
• Hands On Experience in Testing of LV & MV Switchgears, Breakers, MCBs/MCCBs etc.
• Sound knowledge of IEC/NEMA/UL Standards.
• Knowledge on Electromechanical & Electronics industrial products.
• Experience in competitive tear downs and benchmarking for Electrical Products.
• Familiarity with ANSI, NEMA, UL, IEC and other applicable standards for electrical products.
• Thermal experience & electrical product background.
• Knowledge on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) used for the control and automation of custom systems built.
• Sound knowledge on Electrical Test Safety
• Proficiency in PLM/ERP tools like Enovia, SAP
• Design For Six Sigma / DMAIC
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and product engineering tools
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time