Eaton Corporation Sales & Marketing Director Vehicle Group EMEA in Torino, Italy
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Director Sales & Marketing - Vehicle Group EMEA.
This position will be located in Torino (Italy) or Baden Baden (Germany).
The primary responsibility of this position is defining (through consensus), implementing and thereafter managing the customer strategy for the Vehicle Group EMEA Region. The sales & marketing director effectively takes ownership of the customer strategy and in doing so he/she delivers the committed performance in terms of multi-year growth, yearly revenues, price concessions, product technology roadmaps and superior customer satisfaction. The sales & marketing director represents Eaton and all its products sold in from of all the customers of Eaton VG in the EMEA region.
• Defines, develops (across different Product Lines interacting with the VG / GMs and Product Directors in charge) and deploys a comprehensive global customer strategy aimed at growing the revenues and the profitability of the VG EMEA region seeking alignment between customer's key issues/initiatives and Eaton’s offerings and capabilities.
• Manages/leads team of customer managers interfacing with assigned customer.
• Functions as key focal point for all strategic customer issues on a Regional basis and Worldwide basis for global accounts.
• Articulates clear understanding of current/future targets for relevant product market shares, competitive positioning, pricing strategies and standard profits which achieve Eaton's expectations.
• Monitors market dynamics (global and regional) including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to cope with them to senior management.
• Drives and is the main actor of a consensus-driven activity aimed at developing and deploying pricing strategies in line with the customer requests, the market dynamics, the values provided and with the overall product strategies worldwide. The pricing strategies will include an analytical approach and will support Eaton's long-term financial targets.
• Takes ownership of total customer satisfaction. Establishes and nurtures global customer relationship review process and corrective action plans, as appropriate. Champions Eaton’s standing on customer performance metrics (accuracy, corrective action plans).
• Develops and deploys (in consensus with Product Directors and the cross-functional team) a product technology roadmap which effectively translates customer needs into product features. Embraces responsibility of commercializing new product that are an outcome of R&D investments.
• Provides customer interface strategies (points of contacts, frequency) and builds strong rapport with key customer decision-makers (customer relationship)
• Manages DSO's at assigned account to Eaton expectations, gains breakeven performance on prototype sales.
• Develops the appropriate customer sales forecast for the annual business plans (profit plan, strategic plan).
• Assures internal and external customer satisfaction. Provides thorough business case analysis and accurate data.
• Shares ownership of Pro-Launch program management utilization and milestones.
• Assures account team’s compliance with Quality System procedure
• Successfully negotiates terms and conditions with the customer while making them fully understood and agreed internally. Coordinates global consistency and manages regional discrepancies (Warranty, payment terms, co-development funding,…etc.)
• Takes ownership of daily interface with customer, operations, engineering and senior management.
QualificationsA. Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills.
B. Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution of business plans, solution selling.
C. Demonstrates deep understanding of the customer's industry and organization (customer focus).
D. Proven team leader. Articulates clear direction that is consistent with Eaton's vision, strategy, and direction. Creates an environment of high energy, can do spirit.
E. Demonstrates drive for, and the achievement of results.
F. Technical and program management skills. Ability to convert customer needs into product features.
G. Ability to effectively manage in highly matrixed environment.
H. Professional excellence and personal integrity.
I. Education: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business. MBA preferred.
J. Minimum experience: 10 years
K. Financial Skills: P&L, cost estimating, pricing, IRR, NPV, CFROG, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.