Eaton Corporation Production Manager in Titchfield, United Kingdom
The Titchfield site, part of Fuel and Motion Control Systems (FMC) division, continues to be the largest site in the UK employing approximately 900 people. The prime purpose of the site is the design, manufacture and aftermarket support of key fuel system components for the major aircraft manufacturers including Boeing and Airbus.
Location: / Titchfield, UK /
This position is responsible as part of the plant leadership team for achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement.
Overall responsibility for leading manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.
• Manages and directs all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
• Responsible for performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
• Responsible for ensuring that required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements
• Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
• Responsible for the introduction, development and continuous improvement of all manufacturing processes and product structures across the Titchfield site.
• Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met.
• Responsible for assuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship.
• Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
• Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and financial requirements.
• Evaluates and develops talent through coaching, delegation and empowerment.
• Coordinates and assists with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across enterprise.
• Educated to degree level
• Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
• Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
• Through understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) – i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, control charts. Pareto charts etc
• Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e. ISO9001, AS9100 etc)
• Thorough understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
• Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes:
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Managing teams, including coaching, mentoring & performance management
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No