Eaton Corporation Project Coordinator in Slough, United Kingdom
The Project Co-ordinator role is responsible for managing Eaton’s project orders from initial order receipt with key aspects of the role being: Facilitation and enablement of clean orders, Customer and internal teams co-ordination, Document management, The individual will be expected to liaise with customers, internal production facilities / stakeholders and leadership to support on time project delivery. Key Performance indicators are: Providing agreed and accurate Project requirements to then enable the Order Management team to deliver on time and in full; ensuring customer and stakeholder satisfaction; Accurate control over customer variations to ensure accurate recording and on billing of costs.
The essential functions of the role include:
Total responsibility for allocated Project Orders: communicating effectively with stakeholders at all levels; sourcing documentation from stakeholders / customers; ensuring that all drawings and documentation are available to facilitate clean handover of orders to the Project management office.
• To be able to co-ordinate and manage complex issues with multiple suppliers, partners and stakeholders, Sales teams, Customers
• Following Project Team processes and procedures, including:
Maintaining complete and accurate documentation record to support accurate planning
Facilitating the submission of clean orders by resolving issues
Tracking potential project risks & liabilities to ensure timely completion of tasks across the functions
Track information requirements required to complete a clean order pack to be passed to the order management team
Co-ordinating with other teams to submit accurate and timely information to enable an accurate project requirement
Ensure that any and all potential risks/exposures are escalated immediately
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and attributes:
• Able to occasionally work in other Eaton locations and attend off site meetings as required, with associated overnight stays
• Reviewing and suggesting improvements to Project processes
• Assisting in training of key stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely information is consolidated for orders to enable the orders to be fulfilled
• Able to communicate with customers, functional contributors at all levels to business leaders
• Highly organized, Self starter
• To have confidence of character to represent the UK Project Team and business and its results to internal senior colleagues
• To be self-motivated and highly organised with high attention to detail, with a high capacity to handle change and uncertainty
• To have good self-management and time management skills
• Unusual working hours sometimes required when business volumes are high
• To have the ability to think issues through, anticipate problems and take action to prevent them or minimize their impact.
• Competent IT literacy including intermediate+ skills with Excel, Word & Outlook
• A willingness for self-motivated learning
• A commitment to the Eaton Leadership Model (or similar) values & approaches to support personal and team growth
QualificationsGood working knowledge of MS office, SharePoint. Good working knowledge of legacy ERP systems (K-Open, BPCS/Global Vista). Understanding of the Project Management process. Excellent Customer Service skills. Excellent team working skills. Basic Eaton Electrical products technical knowledge would be an advantage.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time