Eaton Corporation Sales Manager in Shanghai Shi, China
This position is responsible for managing the sales objectives (profit plan) and activities for key OEMs customers in China, including aftermarket activities. In addition, it will serve as the strong voice of customer within the organization, as well as a day-to-day spokesman for the company with the customer and keep in good relationship with customers. It will provide the support required to facilitate the introduction of new products and insure availability and OEM engineering. The Sales Manager effectively takes ownership of the customer strategy, is responsible for overall commercial management of the assigned products, and delivers committed performance in revenue, profitability, roadmaps and superior customer satisfaction.
• Have a global perspective and when appropriate, align strategies with global team associated with the specific customers and product line. Articulates clear understanding of current/future goals for product line growth, competitive positioning, and financial performance which achieve expectations and develops (through consensus of cross-functional team and senior management) and deploys a comprehensive OEM customer strategy which achieves strategic alignment with the VT product line and the customer's key initiatives.
• Relentlessly monitor market dynamics including customer and competitor developments, and recommends strategies to address opportunities and mitigate associated risks to Sales and Product Line Senior Management. Drive conversion of competitive products to Eaton products in new OEM program specifications. Develop programs to maintain long-term strategic partnerships.
• Utilizes the Eaton Business System´s process and tools to develop (in consensus with product strategy manager and regional management team) and deploy comprehensive value-based commercial strategies which align to market expectations and the competitive landscape. The commercial strategies, which will include an disciplined analytical approach, must support the long-term goals, and be consistent for a global customer base.
• Take leadership in all commercial aspects including new program offering development and negotiation, warranty claims, commercial impacts from program scope changes. Manage sales opportunities through the stages of the value selling cycle resulting in improved win rates and improved business cases.
• Manage a team to develop, implement and manage customer strategies to support the business plan at OEM accounts in China. Develop & grow market share, resolve product problems, insure customer satisfaction. Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Marketing, Program Management, Engineering, Operations etc.) to assure strong, effective relationships and to promote the sales of VT products to target customers and achieve VT business profit plan objectives in key accounts in China.
• Develops customer sales forecasts through bottoms-up analysis and use of market intelligence for the annual business plan and the five year strategic outlook. Effectively evaluate customer credit and manage account receiving to meet and exceed business objectives.
• Take ownership of total customer satisfaction. Establish and execute a formal Customer Relationship Review (CRR) process to identify and address pain points and provide Voice of the Customer (VOC) feedback into the strategic planning process, as appropriate. Champion Eaton’s rating on customer performance metrics (accuracy, corrective action plans) and coordinate the feedback and actions.
• English language skills
• Excellent negotiating, interpersonal, communication, and strategic planning skills
• Practical understanding of value-based solution selling
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a matrix organization
• Business acumen, ability to plan and execute business plans
• Strong negotiation skills and solid technical background
• Strong sales track record and experience of international complex negotiations
• Ability to influence others outside of a direct reporting relationship
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business Administration
• 10 years of automotive industry experience (OEM or Tier One Supplier interactions)
• At least 7 years sales experience
• Fluent in financial and accounting disciplines (i.e., P&L, cost accounting, Internal Rate of Return, Net Present Value)
• Automotive engine/combustion technical knowledge
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time