Eaton Corporation Country Sales Manager Italy & Greece in Segrate, Italy
Eaton's Electrical Sector has an opening for a:
Country Sales Manager Italy & Greece
This position is responsible to lead, manage and direct the sales activities for the Eaton Electrical Sector's Sales Operation in the Italy and Greece markets, providing business and operational leadership to the sales team and associated support functions. The main responsibility of the Country Sales Manager is to act as the senior Eaton sales representative in the country providing inspirational leadership to employees internally and as an ambassador for Eaton externally. Has prime responsibility to ensure that Eaton meets the agreed budget targets for sales growth and cost in the defined countries whilst applying Eaton standard work practices.
• Analysis of market data, trends, customer needs in order to align with executive management concerning market opportunities, threats and along with that long term organisational strategy and to implement operational plans to execute the sales strategy.
• Maintaining and building relations with important market parties, internal sales organisations, business units and branch organisations.
• Assessment of the effects of changes within the organisational strategy and acting upon them.
• Management of the strategic country operating planning process.
• Setting out strategic direction in collaboration with the Area Sales Management Team
• Manages sales plans by developing and assigning individual or team targets, supporting and motivating sales representatives in achieving their plans.
• Analysis, reporting evaluation and development of KPI’s aligned to the Profit Plan and Strategic Plan for short, mid and long term adjustments.
• Maintaining Sales Reports as required and using Eaton Business Systems’s leadership processes for the sales organization.
• Keeping good customer contacts and even building closer relation with our key accounts in order to further develop our market position in Italy and Greece.
• Negotiating and influencing at executive and management level resulting in contracts and agreements.
• Approving commercial agreements in line with organisational procedures.
• Supporting sales managers in but also partly leading (key) customer negotiations.
• Initiates, develops and implements sales oriented customer events, activities, campaigns, company and product presentations and trade fairs.
• Focus on developing and winning new customers across our businesses.
• Initiates collaborations in sales activities within Eaton, resulting in synergy sales and new business.
• Directs the Country Sales Operation activities within the Italy to drive Eaton strategic and commercial goals as set by joint planning.
• Provides operational leadership to the Country Sales Organisation.
• Acts as a role model in line with Eaton ethical standards of conduct.
• Works in cooperation with other Business Units and Eaton departments putting Eaton’s overall interest above immediate local benefit.
• Identifies and develops possibilities for future business growth, including possible acquisitions, bringing them to the attention of the relevant central team for further investigation and possible next steps.
• Building Organizational Capability by developing competencies as well as identifying talent gaps.
• Minimum of Bachelors University Degree, preferably business related, or equivalent gained through experience, plus minimum of 10 years of experience in Sales.
• Proven track record of achieving business success as a Sales Manager.
• Experienced Manager of People, with track record of managing teams.
• Ability to influence decision making of key stakeholders.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated executive presence – board room quality – able to represent Eaton to senior managers externally and internally.
• Intercultural awareness.
• Strong Time Management and delegation skills
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.