Eaton Corporation Analyst - General Ledger and Fixed Assets in Pune, India
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
• Performs Shared Service KPI’s within the General Ledger function.
• Plans, prepares and reports the day to day business deliverables
• Provide an excellent service to the customers of the Shared Service Centre General ledger and Fixed Assets function
• Represents the Shared Service Centre General ledger and Fixed assets function in internal forums.
• Represents as the primary contact point and support customers/colleagues to resolve internal/external and escalated queries
• Submits with the Regulatory requirements as applicable from time to time
• To collate and where necessary produce/analyze statistical data/reports as required
• Keeps up-to-date with key business changes and process/technical.
- List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
A. CORE ACCOUNTING KNOWLEDGE
Represents thorough knowledge on accounting entries and implications thereof
Keeps knowledge on how the accounting entries impact through various sub-ledgers
Completes logically with conclusions on the implications of entries accounted
Analyze and Identify accounting gaps and put mitigating control processes in place
Presents knowledge of sub-ledger and ledger concepts, reconciliations and reporting of the same is an essential
SOX/Audit requirements overview and process- DSA validation support and reviews
B. ORACLE SKILLS
Maintains an end-to-end process knowledge for GL/FA
Knowledge on the AP, AR and PO Modules and its impact in GL should be known
Presents basic understanding on the various interfaces run for migration of data from ERP to financials.
C. TEAM MANAGEMENT
Coordinates activities with peers and supervisors
D. EXPOSURE to FOREX and HEDGE ACCOUNTING
Understanding of hedging contracts and implications of the same on business is good
Reporting the impacts of such transactions on business – realized and unrealized transactions impacts due to exchange rate fluctuations
E. PROJECT INTEGRATION
Standardization of processes
F. BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS SKILLS
Inspects and involves self in the process improvement activities within the existing processes
Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and bring them to a logical closure
G. PRESENTATION/COMMUNICATION/TRAINING SKILLS
Supplied good communication skills to handle internal and external communications effectively
Prepare and value add Customer Dashboards, KPIs and support any process improvements
Describe any specialized knowledge or skill (e.g., technical, scientific, administrative, managerial) which your position requires.
• CA Inter / Post graduate
• Captive/Customer service industry experience
• Proven Record of delivery of process activities
• Team player
• Excellent Communications skills
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Self motivated person with an outgoing personality to woo customers
• Good with MS Office suite
• Knowledge of GL/FA processes and related financial processes
• Good Analytical & Problem solving skills apart from an understanding of business accounting
• Exposure to Oracle financials essential
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.