Eaton Corporation Operation Accounting Manager in Nottingham, United Kingdom
Eaton's Crouse-Hinds series includes hazardous area communications solutions designed for explosive atmospheres and harsh industrial and marine environments. Rely on Eaton's comprehensive range of innovative and integrated signaling, communication and surveillance systems, as well as service and support – from initial system definition through design and service
Eaton's Hazardous Area Communications has an opening for a:
Operations Accounting Manager
(Sutton in Ashfield near Nottingham, UK)
Supports the FP&A Manager by managing analysis of global operations and related reporting.
• Supports global operations through analysis, including manufacturing studies, cost out, make vs buy, global footprint, etc.
• Prepares and analyzes HAC operations reporting including, but not limited to: weekly performance reporting, monthly High 5 reporting, variance analysis (including forecast), monthly inventory reporting, and monthly cost productivity reporting. Leads discussions of reporting with HAC Finance team and HAC Global Operations Director .
• Assists global Operations Accounting teams with the monthly closing process, completing assigned journals / tasks.
• Coordinates annual standard cost development for global enterprise.
• Coordinates global physical inventory efforts.
• Assists Finance team with review/submission of Capital Appropriation Requests (CARs).
• Reviews and approves monthly balance sheet reconciliations assigned to Operations Accounting.
• Responsibility for assigned Balance Sheet Reviews (BSRs).
• Serves as HAC SAP - CO module expert.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles (US GAAP)
• Thorough understanding of standard costing practice and inventory control
• Relevant years of accounting / finance experience in manufacturing organization
• Experience using ERP
• CMA / MBA
• Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma experience and / or certifications
• Thorough knowledge of SAP CO / FI modules
• Hyperion and / or Khalix experience
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD HAC Hazardous Area Communications
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.