Eaton Corporation Plant Manager - Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton’s Lighting Division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. As the lighting industry expands beyond the traditional solutions of the past, no one is better equipped to help customers navigate the complexities of Connected Lighting, where fixtures will control more than ever imagined. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
We are dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their work. If YOU thrive in a creative, fast-paced, innovative environment, then our Supply Chain management team is looking for YOU!
Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking a Plant Manager at our large manufacturing plant in Monterrey, Mexico.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Leading global manufacturer of electronic components seeks an experienced professional to head plant operations in Monterrey, Mexico. The company is searching for a well-rounded individual with extensive manufacturing experience. Primary duties will be:
• Direct plant operations in alignment with corporate business strategy
• Manage, direct and lead organization talent management processes and employee engagement initiatives
• Employ continuous improvement initiatives throughout operations to reduce downtime, control supply chain and to improve overall customer satisfaction
• Ensure safe working environment through leadership and commitment to company safety standards
• Initiates and directs the planning for current and future requirements for manpower, equipment, and space to effectively, efficiently and profitably manufacture and distribute the products produced at the manufacturing facility.
• Directs the planning and budgeting processes so that the needs of the plant are anticipated and operations are properly controlled.
• Directs and control the activities of the production operation at the facility, ensuring that a quality product is produced in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest possible cost.
• Ensures a safe work environment for all employees through effective management of plant supervisory personnel, implementation and maintenance of safety awareness and hygiene programs, and compliance with regulatory organizations' requirements. Ensure compliance with Mexican labor laws and regulations.
• Directs plant management in reducing the frequency and severity of incidents through accident prevention, accident investigation and job safety analysis programs and maintenance of the corporate safety and environmental programs. Ensure compliance with Mexican environmental laws and regulations.
• Promotes harmonious working relationship with union representation through training of first line supervision in effective supervisory techniques, expedient and equitable resolution of first grievances and continual communication with the work force as well as union representation to promote confidence in Company and management.
• Directs the activities of the shipping function to ensure that customer orders are processed and filled in a timely accurate manner. Coordinates activities with traffic and physical distribution functions to ensure orders are shipped in an expedient manner at the lowest possible cost. Ensure compliance with import/export and trade activities.
• Directs the purchasing function so that raw materials, equipment and supplies necessary to product the product and run the operations are procured at the lowest possible cost consistent with the necessary quality and service levels.
• Directs the production and inventory control functions to ensure that the customers needs are met in a timely manner while utilizing the capacity of the operation in the most efficient manner.
• Directs the manufacturing engineering functions utilizing the latest and most efficient methods of production in the plant so that product can be produced at the lowest possible cost while maintaining high quality.
• Directs the quality assurance functions including incoming and line inspection, ensuring that incoming items and finished good conform to quality specifications and standards.
• Directs the technical services functions responsible for providing support to the customer, sales force and agent and distributor network by providing assistance for technical inquiries.
• Special projects as assigned by management.
• BS or BA from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Bi-Lingual in Spanish and English
• BS or BA in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Business Administration from an accredited institution
• MS or MA from an accredited institution
• Substantial management experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in a manufacturing environment that focuses on electrical/electronics components/fixtures
• Experience in a low volume/high mix manufacturing environment
• Experience in a union environment
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certified
• Demonstrated competencies in line with Eaton’s Leadership Model
• Proven track record of building organizational capability and commitment to employee development
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, strategic planning, and organizational skills
• Financial and business acumen
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts
• Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP requirements and order generation process logic
• Working knowledge of safety and EHS procedures
• Working knowledge of import/export and trade compliance activities
• Working knowledge of Mexican law and regulations compliance for labor and environmental laws
• Working knowledge of project management tools
• Must be able travel up 20% of the time and occasionally internationally.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time