Eaton Corporation Training Manager in Havant, United Kingdom
Eaton’s Hydraulic Division has an opening for a:
Location: Havant, UK
The Training Manager will lead the technical training organization for PMC products. Develop and deliver technical and product training to customers, distributors and the general public for profit.
This role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager EMEA Hydraulic Division.
· Strategically plan and implement training to support established sales goals and customer needs.
· Develop and update current technical manuals and support the production, marketing and sale of them for profit.
· Develop annual training schedules and budgets for the respective training program.
· Update and align Eaton University training programs for EMEA needs
· Deliver training courses (minimum of 600 hours annually) within the level of knowledge and skill level of the incumbent.
· Design course curriculum, including needs assessment, training design, pilot testing, implementation, evaluation, and follow-up Develop training materials and graphics including written materials, presentations, audio-visual materials, cut-a-ways, and other props to support training programs.
· Provide technical support to the marketing and sales organizations.
· Participate in professional and industry trade groups, create and publish articles (internal and external), Contribute to public forums and conferences to increase market awareness of Eaton Fluid Power Training and the wider Eaton Corporation.
· Serve as an ambassador for Eaton Fluid Power Training and Eaton Corporation at trade shows, conferences, and expositions to increase market awareness.
· Perform auxiliary duties as assigned by the manager, including the coordination of course allocations and bookings
· Bachelor degree or equivalent vocational experience.
· Recognised Learning and Development qualification.
· Expert knowledge of a majority of Eaton Hydraulics product brands. Required knowledge: basic operation, sources of information, model codes and part numbers, product features and benefits, key markets and customers, and competitor information.
· Practical knowledge of fluid power and mechanical equipment.
· Preferred: multilingual (German is preferred second language).
· Proficient user of Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and Word software applications.
· Excellent communication skills, including proven ability to present technical information to diverse populations with varying degrees of knowledge.
· Several years of professional training experience, including the design, development and delivery of curriculum.
· Several years of program or project management experience.
· Strong leadership, motivational, & interpersonal skills.
WHAT EATON CAN OFFER:
Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time