Eaton Corporation User Experience Design and Front-end Leader in Hadapsar Pune, India
EIIC Center for Connectivity & IoT platforms, Pune has an opening for a Leader, User Experience Design and Front-end Development. The UX Lead will be a member of the Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions team and play a key role in this work by leading a team focused on the discovery phase of product development, interaction design, visual design and development, all firmly grounded by UX principles. He/She will lead a group with expertise with in UX principles across multiple interfaces, user research tools/methods, Visual Design, and front-end development across multiple interfaces. Working directly with members of the Center and with product teams from across Eaton’s Electrical Sector, the UX lead will be responsible for driving state of the art practices in UX design throughout our product lines, with direct focus on the continued development of reusable tools and practices to accelerate product development coupled with strong service capabilities. This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will have responsibilities both as a User Experience Designer and leading the work performed by the User Experience Design team.
We are looking for Lead who can design holistic experiences that address true customer needs. As a member of a creative, motivated and talented team, we need our designers and engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push product development forward. If you get excited about creating new experiences and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
• Identify, retain, and coach key talent on your team; develop a pipeline of talent through partnerships with leading UX/HCI and design-focused organizations and academic institutions.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of your team, ensuring focus on and execution against top priorities and that the work of all team members is on-time, on-budget, and of the highest quality.
• Forecast staffing levels and plan staffing to meet needs of Eaton projects and departmental initiatives.
• Establish and sustain partnerships with product teams to ensure that UX is an integral part of product development.
• Conduct detailed UI/UX design reviews, document work, and coordinate issue resolution.
• Display design flexibility and a deep understanding of design fundamentals, creating work spanning from large information dashboards to mobile clients.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members to optimize for customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
• Regularly consider industry practices and trends, and collaborate with team, on user centered design and user assistance; assimilate and present, make recommendations, and integrate into solutions as appropriate.
• Define and drive technology roadmap related to user interface, front end design, and reusable UI components.
• Drive roadmap for a Visual Design System developed by your organization.
• Create wireframes, sketches, and story boards for user interfaces that intuitively satisfy the needs of a diverse customer base.
Conduct usability testing and reviews to validate proposed designs; iterate over the designs based on feedback.
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or HCI, Design or Usability
• Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science or HCI, Design or related field
• 10+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
• Minimum of 3 years of leading UX teams;
• Minimum of 1 year of Project management/leadership experience on UX and/or front-end related projects
• Experience developing web front end applications.,
• Experience creating designs for a wide variety of interfaces, from large dashboard displays to mobile devices.
• Experience in mobile application development.
• Experience in industrial design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
• Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
• Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.