Eaton Corporation Software Engineer - Java in Hadapsar Pune, India
The Engineer will be involved in contributing to design & development of enterprise grade applications encompassing functionality from data acquisition through feature-rich user interfaces and to the development of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable Software platforms which can quickly IOT enable the business solutions. We provide critical differentiation for our customers by delivering a scalable system to monitor critical infrastructure that connects to a vast array of devices regardless of make or model, and provides real-time, historical, and predictive data analysis capabilities.
We are looking for Engineer who can develop the next-generation technology solutions that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and devices. As a member of an creative, motivated and talented team, we need our Engineer to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
You will be responsible for contributing technologies which can change the economics of communication software. You will design software systems, generate IP, plan and execute field trials to understand their needs, and work closely with the team to assess business impact and constraints. You must be proficient with current software development technology, tools and practices, and have proven-level capabilities in Java (J2EE), Spring Core 3.1, Spring MVC.
• Contribute to the software development efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, enterprise grade software applications.
• Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
• Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
• Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
• Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews.
• Develop and execute plans for incremental and interactive project delivery.
• Work with test team to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs
• Mentor team members, assisting them in technical and process areas.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products.
• Expert level skills in Java (J2EE), Spring Core 3.1, Spring MVC, AJAX, JMS.
• 1+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
• Experience with web application frameworks.
• Excellent object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
• Experience in DBMS and ORM frameworks like SQL Server.
• Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering.
• Experience in an Agile design methodology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts.
• Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, exhibiting technical innovation and creative solutions.
• Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies.
• Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills.
• Experience on Spring AOP, Spring Transactions, Spring web services.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.