Eaton Corporation Senior Engineer - CDC in Hadapsar Pune, India
· The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the design and development of torque control products and Fuel vapor valves to meet customer specific technical, cost and government regulations for ORVR norms across regions.
· Applicant shall have experience in design, development and validation of torque control products and fuel vapor valves, relevant subsystems and also understanding of tank system architecture. Applicant must be able to make incremental design changes and influence all product development partners to lead the changes. Applicant must be proficient with performing analytical design calculations, good understanding of GD&T, tolerance stack up analysis and manufacturing and machining methods involving plastics over-molding.
Applicant should have knowledge of automotive market, technology trends in drivetrain, emission regulations and applicable standards. Applicant should be able to participate in defining engineering requirements by understanding customer voice and application. The applicant must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, marketing and supply chain.
A. Capturing customer voice, Planning milestones, Executing milestones, Conducting technical and project Reviews, Communication and On job development through technical mentoring to project team
B. Performs complex engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques
C. Execute proto-type build, performance / durability testing, teardown of proto-type samples to evaluate product performance against customer requirements for concept level ideas as well as detailed design before product launch
D. Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
E. Creates and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
F. Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
G. Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical resource for internal / external customers and resolves technical challenges
H. Maintain credible communication practice with external customer on technical clarifications, testing & resolving of field failures
I. Positively influence cross functional teams for successful execution of product design across all stages of product development process per PROLaunch.
Champion continuous capability and process improvements to support the Eaton Business System: APEX, Stakeholder survey, Employee satisfaction surveys and DfX (e.g DFSS, DfR, DfS, DfE, DfM, DfA etc.)
BE/BS in Mechanical or related engineering area with 5+ years or ME/M.Tech in Mechanical or related engineering area with 3+ years of engineering/product design experience in relevant domain.
· Proven track record in engineering Design, Analysis, R&D, application engineering domain
· Knowledge about Engine performance, powertrain integration and vehicle dynamics
· Experience in handling Design for Manufacturing, DFMEA & DVPR
· Experience in projects involving significant amount of CAD, FEA, CFD & System modeling
· Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
· Team player with highly effective interpersonal skills
· Experience in handling direct / indirect project leadership role
· NPI Performance – End-End, Milestones, activity OTD and quality performance of work deliveries
· ECM Performance – 80%+ECO OTD, FPY, 10% year-on-year cycle time improvement, 10% improvement in Productivity
· Realized Business wins per business targets ($7M)
· Cost-out Performance – as business cost-out targets
· Patents and disclosures (1+ patent, 3+ disclosures)
· Understanding of ISO-9001 process is a plus
Understanding of vehicle regulations is a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.