Eaton Corporation Manager - Software & System Validation in Hadapsar Pune, India
Responsible for implementing strategies around electrical Control and Automation products with strong focus on system validation and new software products development with strong focus on programmable logic, intuitive industry standard user interface. Provides leadership in establishing the test automation strategies and streamlining the software development processes by coordinating with teams from Eaton India Innovation Centre (Pune) and various Industrial Controls Division facilities in North America, China. Manages and develops system validation teams and software development teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
The Manager will primarily responsible for
• Provides leadership for software development team contributing to the software architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, intuitive and enterprise grade graphical user interface.
• Provides leadership for systems validation team contributing to the test automation, communication protocols validations by ensuring quality and robustness of the products.
• Leads the team by playing scrum master role for Agile scrum development projects.
• Recruit and retain a team of engineers and support staff to provide both local product development and engineering services to the Global engineering needs.
• Trains, develops and motivates subordinates to achieve their professional goals and review their accomplishments.
• Understand customer requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate.
• Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
• Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
• Review technical concepts of projects including equipment specification and design
• Synergies and leverages engineering capabilities across groups.
• Manages department budget and performance to forecast.
• Manages and develops people: identifies, attracts and develops key engineering talent for the organization.
• Champions continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; APEX, Employee Survey, DMAIC / DFSS.
Total relevant work experience: Bachelors/Masters of Engineering with 10+ years.
Strong technical experience in - Python, C# .Net / WPF / MVVM, fieldbus communication Protocols.
Experience in Requirement, architecture, design & code reviews and requirement based testing - Unit, Integration, System testing.
Sound knowledge & demonstrated experience of full software development life cycle on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification.
Proven experience on Talent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and project management.
Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (e.g CMMI) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc. Hands on experience with Emulators and simulators.
System and Software reviews, FMEA.
Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required.
· Experience in leading and managing engineering teams delivering products & solutions in the Electrical domain
· Knowledge and use of products - Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives, Protection Relays
Hands on experience of tools – QTP, Visual Studio, LUA, Code Collaborator, JIRA, BAMBOO, JAMA, Confluence.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.