Eaton Corporation Lead Engineer - Gear Engineering in Hadapsar Pune, India
State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Primary responsibility of this role is to engineer “Gear and Drivetrain components” to meet customer specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for commercial vehicle applications. Lead in defining engineering approach including planning and scheduling. Provide technical direction, mentoring to team members of Gear CoE.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Develop value added technical Gear solutions for Transmission development projects based upon a broad technical knowledge and awareness of customer needs in Region and Global.
• Provide engineering leadership for preparation of global technology and product roadmaps based on market and technology trends.
• Provide engineering leadership support for maturity of CTQ’s in different phase of product development
• Validate integrity and or accuracy of output for Gear per Transmission project requirements
• Build and maintain relationships with Commercial Powertrain North America, global CoE, external customers, suppliers, and other functional groups
• Mentor, organize, lead, and champion projects leveraging CoE and Commercial Powertrain resources
• Capturing customer voice, Planning milestones, Executing milestones, Conducting technical and project Reviews, Communication and On job development through technical mentoring to project team
• Utilize DFSS concepts / tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management & DVPR for new product development &/or existing product improvements
• Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
• Drives PRO-Launch execution for NPI programs with work package approvals, engineering management plan and attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
• Utilizes understanding of manufacturing processes to improve new and existing designs & acts as a technical lead for internal / external customers and resolves technical challenges
• Evaluates product performance and life expectations through engineering calculations. Leverage analytical techniques viz. Structural, Vibration and Plant Modelling from other departments.
• Drives innovation on new product development using appropriate tools and techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DMAIC, etc.
· EIIC growth goals and key business growth goals
· Innovate Product / Process – at least 3 IP disclosure / 1Patent / 1 Paper /process improvement
· EIIC growth goals through cost out 5.0 Mn realized
· Technology and product roadmaps based on market and technology trends.
· Deploy DFSS methodology on NPI projects – Demonstrate clear linkage to VOC
· Contribute to BOC through ESW – At least 2 (Analytical model or BoK to improve productivity)
· EBS assessments (ProLaunch, 5S, DFSS, EBA etc.) assessments
• Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile engineering (Full time course)
• 10 / 8 years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
• 7+ years of relevant experience with multinational engineering organization
• Candidate shall have demonstrated experience in design and development of Gear development for transmission and sub-systems. Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines. In-depth knowledge of Gear application for truck transmissions & its sub system & components. Basic knowledge of manufacturing process Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and Critical Speed analysis. Design knowledge of facing, spring, seals, Gears, lubrication and system integration.
K022: Digital Analysis, Optimization, Modeling: Advance level - Understanding of Genesis analysis optimization approach in addition to FEA, CFD, Thermal analysis and acoustic analysis.
K010: Mech. Shift Control / K011: System Lubrication: Advance level
K005: Materials (heat treatment) Knowledge : Advance level
ü Material selection and metallurgy
ü Compressive residual stress
ü Fatigue of metals
P101: Design for Six Sigma: Demonstrate Emerging level of Advance
P006: Design Review : Advance level
P007: Intellectual Property : Advance level
P110: Design Validation Plan and Report : Advance level
Position requires a keen eye for good product design, manufacturability, customer savvy, presentation skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment, business acumen, dealing with ambiguity and building an effective team.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time