Eaton Corporation Lead Engineer - Firmware in Hadapsar Pune, India
As a Lead Software/Firmware Development Engineer the incumbent will develop and lead a broad range of real-time control system development projects, including assuming responsibility for the execution of embedded software design. This is a hands-on development role that will leverage existing domain knowledge in a variety of platforms including C/C++, OnM8C or ARM based platforms and a variety of communication protocols.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment, using your software engineering skills to deliver new products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a technical specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong, ongoing communication.
· Collaborate with cross-functional and remote development teams consisting of product management, engineers, user experience designers, manufacturing, and project management in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
· Participate in the definition of both the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
· Use industry standards and best practices to define functional and technical architecture that best support functional and non-functional requirements
· Conducts FMEAs and develops validation testing strategies to mitigate risk, improve performance, and increase project success.
· Develop and document embedded system designs related to industrial control systems
· Lead software development by setting software and coding best practices and adhering to it
· Lead efforts to analyze alternatives, develop proofs-of-concepts, and document results (including engineering notes, issues and lessons learned).
· Support the research and identification of 3rd party embedded platforms that can be leveraged to create solutions that best meet technical and functional requirements.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Enhance existing and/or develop new software that enables the launch of new products, functionality and services with technologies ranging from C/C++/,C#,
· Analyze risk and report problems in meeting technical and functional requirements.
· Use Eaton product development and agile software development processes to design and develop high quality product and systems within budget and schedule.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, software engineering or computer science
· Minimum 5 years of experience in leading embedded system design/architect
· Minimum 8 years of experience in software industry, preferably in a company that makes both hardware and software platforms.
· Proven track record of developing, testing, debugging, and launching software enabled product.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in C/C++ and embedded Linux
· Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in authoring code to meet functional specification
· Minimum 3 years of experience with serial communication protocols (ex: I2C, UART, SPI) and wireless communication protocols such as 6LowPan, wirelessHART or ZigBee.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with ARM, M8C microprocessor based platforms is preferred
· Minimum 2 years of experience working with production level programming of embedded systems, software QA engineers and system engineers.
· Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
· Ability to articulate and promote software development best-practices.
· Self-Motivated and a team player
· M.Tech in Electronics engineering, software engineering, or computer science
· Experience with wireless network performance management, and diagnostics
· Experience with Microsoft .NET framework and/or Azure cloud platforms
· Experience developing distributed databases, protocols for embedded & software products
· Industrial automation and controls domain knowledge
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Expert knowledge of best practice software engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies with a passion for programming
· Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges
· Experience with revision control systems, like SVN or Git
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.