Eaton Corporation Application Engineer- Data Centers in Franklin, Massachusetts
Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) Datacenter Vertical has an opening for an Application Engineer. The position is located in any of the following locations: Franklin, MA, New York, NY, or Glendale Heights, IL.
This position will be responsible for developing and determining Eaton's Datacenter solutions specification for white space technology applications within the networking, MTDC/Colocation, ISP, and Enterprise datacenter customers. This role will maintain close relationships with design firms, infrastructure engineers, and sales engineers at our VAR and Datacom partners and customers. Goal of this role is to generate a preference for products in purchasing specifications, and provides technical leadership and mentoring for sales engineers, at our VAR and Datacom partners and customers. Provides input to divisional headquarters personnel in assaying products in the market and projects needs for new and /or modified products to maintain and develop market leadership.
This position will be responsible for conducting product training and application seminars for VAR and Datacom Partners, Datacom Contractors, Specifiers, and end customers. Travel required to support, and train new and existing representative personnel. This includes participation in trade shows and evaluating applications as related to the segment.
This role will participate in planning and formulating the segment marketing and sales strategy. Help formulate timely quotations with the support of Inside Sales Engineers to Partners, end customers and other Datacenter Vertical Sales resources with the focused efforts on driving specification preference.
The application engineer will assist in coordinating segment communications. Communicate with our Representatives, customers (both internal & external) to answer their technical questions. Drive sales growth objectives at focused segment customers in assigned region.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
1) calling on CIO/CTO, Partner App Engineers, Design and Consulting firms across the assigned sales territory to assist with technical design and position Eaton related products in a preferred position; 2) providing support on major projects including submittals drawings and interfacing with the customer and project consultants; 3) working with institutional end users to gain acceptance and promote Eaton products; 4) conduct product seminars and training on Eaton products and solutions to: end users, consultants and sales engineers; 5) assist customers as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum five (5) years of Datacenter Infrastructure and Power Management sales and/or engineering experience
• Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within 50 miles of Franklin, MA, New York, NY, or Glendale Heights, IL will be considered.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong communication, presentation and training skills
• Strong time management
• Electrical industry engineering, product and market knowledge
• Understanding of selling techniques and Eaton's capabilities, market channels, and technical applications of Cutler-Hammer products.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field from an accredited institution
• A Professional Engineer (PE) License
• 7 years of electrical industry experience
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time