Eaton Corporation Regional Sales Manager - Midwest in Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Eaton has an opening for a Regional Sales Manager for the midwest region. This position is responsible for the leadership of the regional sales team and associated sales through our distribution network of Eaton Hydraulics products in the Midwest region.
Based from the Hydraulics Americas HQ in Eden Prairie, MN, this position is responsible for attainment of Division and Corporate goals for sales growth and profitability through market development, effective direction and management of the activities of our area sales managers and distributors, while providing superior service to our customers. This is achieved through developing and recommending annual sales plans and forecast for individual manufacturers’ representatives, markets, factory territories and his/her region. Continually analyzes sales levels and trends through market research and initiates pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives and assuring that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer
Key functions of this position include:
• Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships.
• Assists Area Sales Managers in assembling GAP and Synergy sales plans
• Responsible for seeking out new opportunities and driving demand in the marketplace for Eaton’s legacy and newly acquired product lines
• Responsible for creating a strategy, template and conducting a GAP analysis for all 6 regions
• Responsible for overseeing field based implementation of the Hydraulics Distribution Advantage Program including; but not limited to: planning document, training, incentives and discount structure.
• Primary contact for new business opportunities and regional liaison for all product lines
• Identifies growing markets within the region (i.e. Natural Gas) and trains the sales team and channel partners on how to capture this market.
• Identify available market size, target accounts and develop a coordinated sales plan (ie. Coordinated with immediate manager, regional sales and/or industrial OEM sales, ACE and GMO Segment Director) to achieve planned sales/orders growth within assigned growth industries consistent with the Eaton Hydraulic Operations strategic & profit plans. Work with executive, functional and operating management to facilitate decision-making and direction setting as well as business specific strategies.
• Maintains and updates product forecasts utilizing customer input and personal judgment.
• Provide feedback to appropriate product managers in areas where product is deficient to industry requirements/standards (ie. Product ratings, performance, lead times, cost, etc.) And is impeding Eaton’s Hydraulics Business’ ability to grow in support of the strategic and/or profit plans. Assist in the development of MPS and/or PGT to assure proper corrective action will address growth industry requirements/standards and/or expectations.
• Manage expense and salary budget to be within established guidelines.
• Provide project management for opportunities were the PMC group would not be in a supporting role. QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 10 years of industrial sales experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a sales team.
• Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Must live within or be willing to relocate to 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN
• Valid Driver's License
• Product development and product management experience.
• Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures as well as specific knowledge in the hydraulics market space with specific emphasis in strategy development and execution.
• Work experience at an industrial distributor and a demonstrable knowledge of distribution channels and how they work.
• Understanding of key business metrics that drive the distributor’s strategic decisions.
• Demonstrated relationship building skills
• Requires comprehension of industrial and mobile hardware and software technologies, marketing, and business development expertise.
• Experience with acquisitions and integrating diverse working cultures.
• Ability to manage through influence and team building.
• Knowledge and working understanding of various research techniques and tools.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time