Eaton Corporation Drawing Office CAD Operator in Cambridge, United Kingdom
To ensure that new and existing products have comprehensive documentation.
Secondary job function:
To provide backup to the Production and Quality departments to resolve problems quickly and accurately.
Design, raise and update required documentation for new and existing products.
• The creation of fabrication / manufacturing detail drawings.
• Update documentation by means of the ECN system.(raising ECN’s as required).
• Create and update parts on the MRP system.
• Continually liaise with the various departments within the company as required.
• Ensure that all work is completed with due adherence to the engineering procedures.
• Communicate with Sub-contractors as / when required.
• Creation and updating of PCB / Schematic files.
• Creation and updating of 3D drawings.
• Keep production packs accurate and up to date.
• Updating Drawing Office processes for continuous improvement
• Continuous liaison with the Engineering and Production Managers to keep them properly informed of work in progress and possible problems
• Prioritise work.
• Complete all work within a timely fashion where possible.
• Work on own initiative, be self-starting and proactive.
Qualifications• Minimum 2 years experience in Drawing Office / AutoCAD related role
• Clear understanding and ability to read technical / Electrical Schematics and drawings.
• Creative thinking when looking to achieve “Best fit Solutions”
• Working with Microsoft and Office related products.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No