Eaton Corporation Senior Sales Engineer North Chile in Calama, Chile
Eaton's Electrical Sector - Electrical Industrial and Infrastructure Group EPG – LAM Division South Andean Business Unit- has an opening for Senior Sales Engineer in Calama, Chile. The primary function of Senior Sales Engineer is to achieve sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or account. Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and/or services and maintaining effective agreements and marketing components sales through efficiently managing material resources in the assigned channel or segment, continually improve and maintain a solid customer’s base, and implement strategies to guarantee total customer satisfaction. Achieve the planned sales results with the assigned budged and close orders based on a solid understanding of the sales process. Demonstrated abilities to position Eaton into preferred position in market and provide technical knowledge regarding products/services/Integrated Assemblies products .
This role also supports sales team efforts in assigned product lines to customers in designate geography with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix, and profit margin.
The Senior Sales Engineer provides technical product support to distributors and integrators, and other duties that may be assigned by the Sales Manager. Promotes product sales to existing customers and identifies potential new customers. Develops proposals, assesses customer needs in order to recommend appropriate products/services. May customize product in order to meet client requirements. Provides technical support to clients after the sale of the product, troubleshoots technical problems. May provide technical training to customers staff. Recommends product improvements to design staff in response to customer feedback.
The candidate should demonstrate abilities in self- motivation, communication and teamwork. Provide accurate and timely plan and specification interpretation, quotation and technical support, communication with customers, warehouse and with plants to facilitate problem resolution. Proactive identification of potential sales, follow up to secure orders.
Promote solutions within North Chile key targeted customers to increase order value, product mix and profit margin. Promotes product sales, maintain and develop business within our key customers through efficiently managing material resources in the assigned region. Continually improve and maintain the customer’s base, and implement strategies to guarantee total customer satisfaction. Develop the customer portfolio in his/her area by:
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of Eaton products, and to provide sales support.
-Promotes Eaton key products and give after sales support to customers
-Report his/her area market information to the sales management
-Supply the management with the market information in his/her area
-Manage customer relationships
-Maintain the brand well-known in his/her area
BS Degree in Electrical or Electronics or Electromechanical Engineering
· Master is preferred.
· Problem solving and engineering skills.
· Eaton Electrical Power Distribution Product knowledge (Has a command of advantages, features and disadvantages of our products and our competitor’s products enabling us to offer the most effective solutions and/or applications)
· Good communication skills in Spanish and English
· Presentation and training skills and Time Management Skills
· Knowledge of the competition.
· The successful candidate must possess a good understanding of selling techniques and Eaton's capabilities, market channels, and technical applications of our products.
· More than 5 years project, or engineering experience, preferably with a Components equipment manufacturer.
· Work environment requires this person to be motivated and a self-starter.
· Competitive Knowledge (Has in-depth market/industry knowledge)
· Electrical installation methods, practices, and the National Electrical Code
· Factory and field troubleshooting methods and equipment
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Must be familiar with electrical power distribution products and their applications.
· Must be able to make technical proposal presentations to customers and consulting engineers
· Knowledge of medium voltage products (including Ring Main Units, Medium Voltage Assemblies, Medium Voltage Control and Medium Voltage Breaker and Vacuum Interrupter technology) applications and markets.
· Fluent in written and spoken English.
· Initiative and positive.
· Work under pressure.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC Latin AmericaCaribbean Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.