Eaton Corporation Technical Shift Leader in Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
Eaton’s Vehicle Products Portfolio includes manual and automated truck transmissions and clutches, hybrid powertrain systems, drivetrain, suspension, wheel-end and safety systems, anti-lock braking and traction control systems and vehicle diagnostics as well as air, transmission, and fuel management controls, automotive fluid connectors, engine air management systems, including superchargers, cylinder head modules, engine valves and lifters and limited-slip and locking differentials.
Technical Shift Leader
(Brierley Hill, UK)
Within the Vehicle Group, the Brierley Hill site produces Plastic Molding and Assembly’s for supply in to first and second tier automotive supply chain. The site operates 3 shifts, 5 days and has a press range from 50 up to 1500T. It also has a range of secondary operations, including welding, CNC machining and pressure testing
To lead the shift team to achieve the production plan and ensuring productivity, production and quality targets are accomplished. This achievement will be due to development of process improvement through problem solving, standardisation and coaching which will require the most efficient and safe use of equipment, materials and manpower.
• Management of the production process with the ability to resolve moulding issues, condition setting and robotic programming on a range of moulding machines and ancillary equipment
• Teach and coach employees to improve moulding and assembly skills, to improve product quality, output and lost time
• Lead training and development for direct reports following the APEX process, ensure skills matrix are up to date and comply with the 3 deep requirements.
• Measurement of production process with prompt resolution of issues or escalation as required
• The use of continuous improvement to minimize costs and involve employees from the work area.
• Represent production at meetings of the Safety Committee as appropriate and ensure that MESH is complied with.
• Lead tier 2 daily meetings and present accurate and timely data including, OEE, scrap, production hours and open problem issues i.e A3 reports.
• Ability to set tooling and try out for production
• Ability to deliver clear concise communication , up, down and across the organisation..
• Liase closely with maintenance to ensure all faults in plant are rectified as quickly and effectively as possible.
• Ensure all life saving rules and EHS policies are complied with in the shop floor area.
• HNC or Equivalent in related subject
• Plastic moulding, Automotive Assembly, Manufacturing background
• Ability to build a team through trust and coaching ( Team Leader, Motivator, Communicator )
• Problem solving
• Experience in Plastic moulding process management
• Degree in related subject
• Inventory Management
• Supervisory Management qualification
• Certificates in Lean, Six Sigma
• Project Management experience
• Good to have : Advanced PC skills, PROLaunch, Nebosh
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.