Eaton Corporation Plant Manager in Aldridge, United Kingdom
Eaton provides world-class electrical thread conversion products for hazardous areas and industrial applications. A recognised specialist in this field since 1976, Eaton remains committed to products designed to solve the fundamental difficulties which exist due to the variety of thread forms currently in use within the electrical industry. Emphasizing customer service and a commitment to technical expertise, Eaton works with customers worldwide through its distribution network.
(Aldridge, West Midlands)
• Leads and manages the Aldridge plant to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied whilst operating within budgeted expenditure levels.
• Plans, directs and develops all activities related to manufacturing and the site management of the plant. The position includes both strategic and tactical responsibility for the Operations side of EX Innovations business in Europe.
• The position reports to the Product Line Manager and is part of the Management Team. The position serves as the primary integrating function for the Operations function. As such, the incumbent is responsible for manufacturing, cost out and productivity improvements, product quality best in class delivery performance, inventory reduction and the effective implementation of outsourcing decisions. The job holder will also play a leading role in developing the future product strategy for EXI with special emphasis on developing an effective, customer focused, Operations organization.
• The jobholder will have considerable autonomy to deliver an effective and competitive service.. This will include headcount and resource management, production and general overhead controls to optimise profitability whilst maintaining and improving customer service and product quality at all times.. The job holder will develop and implement a continuous improvement programme and provide leadership and direction to the unit. He or she will interface directly with customers and suppliers as required and participate in planning and strategy development as a senior member of the business management team.
• He/she incorporates best practices in management style and have a sense of urgency in solving problems. He/she should be innovative and results oriented. He/she must be willing to adapt to change. He/she should have the ability to pull the team together with common objectives.
• Provides leadership to the operations team on all aspects related to the manufacturing of our products, to fulfil our customers’ needs in the most efficient and profitable way.
• Directs and develops the teams and operating procedures to ensure customer service performance measured through quality, cost and delivery is continuously improved.
• Drives to meet the On Time Delivery targets by putting in place the needed production capacity, resources and systems.
• Co-ordinate activities of the team to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste.
• Interacts closely with the Life Safety Operations team to adopt best practice and adopt all relevant Eaton metrics and analysis tools
• Provides strategic input on make versus buy decisions.
• Provides design for manufacturing input at early stages in the New Product Development process, including prototype/first batch design and build, Co-ordinate with New Product Development Team to implement new and revised designs through developing effective processes to optimise cost and quality.
• Provides input to and support of strategic initiatives.
• Plans for improvement in both customer service levels and costs to provide product to customers.
• Drives the implementations 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology within the plant.
• Personally involved in quality improvement.
• Develops and implements effective systems to measure and improve performance while reducing cost.
• Develops with HR an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
• Ensures that all plant processes and activities are managed in a manner which maximises team member safety and complies with all relevant environmental and Health & Safety Legislation.
• Drives Environmental Health & Safety (OSHME) programme thought out the Operations team and develops a strong EH&S culture
• Knowledge of both Supply Chain and Operations management
• General business management to ensure close collaboration with both Sales & Marketing Director and Finance Director
• Experience in managing product standards and conformance.
• Knowledge of EFQM and Business Excellence model an advantage
• Finance literate
• The Plant Manager will have an in-depth understanding and appreciation of the “bottom line,” product profitability, and possess solid analytical skills, strong business acumen, and outstanding communication and leadership skills.
What Eaton offers:
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
• Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
• Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit http://www.eaton.com/.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time