Eaton Corporation Plant Manager in AE-City, United Arab Emirates
Eaton's Electrical Business has an opening for a:
Location: Dubai, UAE
Manages and directs plant operations, in order to achieve production objectives consistent with overall quality and on time performance requirements. Within the discipline of Operational Excellence are the Eaton Lean System and Quality represented as well as Operational Excellence (Lean Engineering, Lean Technicians and QA/QC). Professional leadership of the plant’s strategic planning and execution processes and commitment to building organizational capability. Within the framework of the “Eaton Philosophy and Values” and EBS, responsible for supporting positive employee relations, is the “face of Eaton” both within the facility as well as the community, demonstrating the behaviors as characterized in the Eaton Leadership Model.
· Prepares the budget (planning) for the plant and ensures objectives for the site are met within approved budget, schedules and quality specifications.
· Ensures an effective implementation of all operational focused activities, and is working close with the overall resourced teams particularly in the SC, controlling, and HR management by regular meetings. This includes new assembly line implementation planned within the systems strategy.
· Secure that Operational processes are in line with applicable regional, national, divisional and/or corporate guidelines, procedures, law and regulations and have these actively audited and monitored by means of available systems (EHS ELS, QA and Industrialization)
· Conducts meetings on a regular basis with employees to ensure communication of operational objectives.
· Ensure the deployment of the Eaton Business System and lean tools throughout the plant.
· Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed in order to ensure consistent and compliant products are manufactured.
· Assures prompt and accurate reporting systems as it relates to operations in order to monitor performance against objectives by using Eaton metrics and balance score cards
· Participate in employee representative consultations.
· Develop and implement improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure effective use of resources. Assess performance indicators and take appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals of manufacturing operations are met (ELSS). This in close conjunction with the SC team and other EMEA available resources in this field.
· Leverages resources and motivates manufacturing employees in order to create a high performance work culture.
· Supports, develops and executes strategic capital spending plans for the operations to assure adequate capacity to meet division and product line growth objectives, and approves and manages the development and administration of competitive wage/salary and benefit plans.
· Serve as key player in ensuring that environmental, health & safety issues are addressed, considering local regulations, by focusing on quality and environmental aspects (EQS, MESH within both plants) and “Quality Management” acc. to ISO9000 series and ISO14000 series.
· English language fluency is required.
· Must possess good communication skills (verbal, written) to be able to represent Eaton Plant internally and externally
· Lead and existing plant with knowledge and experience of
- LV and MV Switchgear
Protection & Control
- Large project execution
Leadership in a diverse environment
· Management and leadership skills and social understanding
What Eaton offers:
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
· Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Middle East
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.